Welcome to Artemis Hypnotherapy
Welcome to the Artemis Hypnotherapy website, specialising in analytical hypnotherapy and much more. I hope you find it helpful.
I am a fully qualified hypnotherapist, based in Whitstable, Kent. I hold clinics in a number of locations in Kent and London. I use Analytical Hypnotherapy & Psychotherapy to explore the root causes of my client’s psychological and emotional distress or trauma. I focus on investigating and therapeutically dealing with the underlying cause of the client’s psychological upset. This releases them to be free from emotional and psychological issues.
Before training as a therapist, I worked as a Criminologist; both as a practitioner and an academic. I have worked as a consultant in prisons with offenders and as a Senior Lecturer in Criminology and Sociology. I have also worked with young offenders, their families and victims of crime as a mediator in Restorative Justice Programmes in the North East and Kent.
My background as a Criminologist has given me a scientific training and knowledge which offers me a unique insight into a wide range of distressing psychological conditions and symptoms that clients may be experiencing.
Artemis Hypnotherapy is the culmination of my mission to draw on my background and my experiences to bring release, rebalance and resolve to my clients.
I have been trained to a high standard, in a number of specific therapeutic methods which I can tailor to the needs of the client. These methods represent my tool box of techniques:
- EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitisation Reprocessing )
- Stress & Trauma Management
- Post Traumatic Stress Therapy
- Regression (Age, Past Life)
- Free Association
- Time Line
- Imagery, Visualization, Symbolism
- Hypnotic Art Therapy
- Dream Analysis
- Inner Child, Inner Adviser, Inner Guide
- Gestalt Therapy
- Ego States & Parts Therapy
- Cognitive Negotiation and Belief Restructuring
- Gold Counselling
- Hypnotic Gastric Band Therapy
I am also an experienced EFT (Emotional Freedom Therapy) Practitioner, U.K Reiki Federaderation Practitioner and a Crystal Healing Therapist & Reflexologist.
I have been trained in Analytical Hypnotherapy & Psychotherapy (Jacquelyn Morison Hypnotherapy www.jmhypnotraining.co.uk). I hold a DAHP (Diploma in Analytical Hypnotherapy & Psychotherapy) and have full Practitioner status. I am registered with The General Hypnotherapy Register and with The Complementary and Natural Health Care Council”. I undertake regular and continuous professional training and adhere to strict ethical and professional standards.
I offer specialist EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitisation Reprocessing) therapy which is a form of psychotherapy that is designed to reduce trauma related stress,anxiety and depression. These are symptoms associated with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD). Please see my EMDR section.
I have received training in Hypnotic Gastric Band Therapy, an effective method of weight-loss using hypnotherapy.
In January 2014 I undertook advanced training with The Brainstrust (brain tumour charity) please see my blog.
I am a specialist Practitioner in Hypnobirthing (please contact me for further details).
- BSc (Honours) Degree in Sociology
- Post Graduate Certificate in Education
- MA Criminology
- Diploma in Analytical Hypnotherapy with Psychotherapy (DAHP)
- Diploma in Eye Movement De-sensitisation Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Diploma in Hypnotic Gastric Band Therapy
- Diploma in Hypnobirthing
- MIACHT (Crystal Healing Therapy & Reflexology).
- MAAMET(EFT Practitioner)
- UKRF (Reiki Practitioner)
- General Qualification in Hypnotherapy Practice
- General Hypnotherapy Register
- CNHC ( Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council ) Register
- ACHO ( Association of Crystal Healing Organisations) Register
- UK Reiki Federation Register